BOOMTV SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL GENERAL RULES
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of all Sweepstakes administered on http://www.Boom.TV and companion mobile and Steam apps is BoomTV Inc. ("Sponsor"), 55 E 3rd Ave San Mateo CA 94401.
- APPLICABILITY: These Official General Rules apply to all Sweepstakes administered on http://www.boom.tv and companion mobile and Steam apps. The details relating to specific entry requirements, drawing periods (including entry deadlines) and prize(s) to be awarded in each particular Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Details”), will be posted on the BoomTV website throughout the particular Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes are open only to registered BoomTV users who are 18 years old or older at time of entry. Creating a BoomTV account is free. Employees of Sponsor, its advertising agencies, prize providers and licensors, and each of the foregoing entities' affiliates and other related entities, and any other person or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of any Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), as well as members of such employees' immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in any Sweepstakes. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER: For each match livestreamed on BoomTV for which Sweepstakes Details are posted, you will have the opportunity to use BoomTV coins to create up to three entries: first, predicting the brackets before the start of the livestreamed match; second, by correctly answering trivia and prediction questions broadcast during the match; and third, by playing HyperNet Arena. In all these instances you must be logged on to the site. Coins are free and do not have any monetary value.
Limit three (3) entries per person per Sweepstakes.
Entries must be received by the entry deadline stated in the Sweepstakes Details. Sponsor is the official time keeper for all Sweepstakes. All entry information and materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) prize awarded in each Sweepstakes, unless otherwise stated in the Sweepstakes Details. Generally, the prize(s) will consist of virtual and other game items. The exact prize(s) will be stated in the Sweepstakes Details. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize notifications and the prize is not redeemable without the original prize notification. Winner is responsible for any and all taxes.
No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of comparable value if a prize is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason.
- ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received for that particular Sweepstakes.
- WINNER SELECTION: There will be a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its designee from among all entries received for that particular Sweepstakes. Drawings will occur shortly after the end of the entry period for that particular Sweepstakes.
In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official General Rules, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded for a particular Sweepstakes.
- NOTICE TO WINNER: Winners will be announced on BoomTV and companion apps shortly after the drawing. Sponsor will contact winners using their e-mail address provided to Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for communication problems of any kind. If, despite reasonable efforts, a winner does not respond within three (3) business days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such winner, such winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside must have the permission of a parent or guardian to accept the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official General Rules and the Sweepstakes Details for that particular Sweepstakes and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Decisions of the Sponsor and its agents are final and binding on all matters relating to any Sweepstakes. Prize providers are not sponsors of any Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible if any Sweepstakes cannot, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, be implemented for reasons beyond its control. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and advisers and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of each (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or communications; computer, mobile phone, telephone, cable, satellite, Internet, website or text messaging disruptions or inaccessibility or other access issues that might hinder or prevent the ability of a person to enter or win any Sweepstakes or claim a prize; or theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of any Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, electronic, human, printing, distribution or production errors. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile phone related to or resulting from entering or attempting to enter any Sweepstakes.
By entering or attempting to enter a Sweepstakes, entrants and participants (i) release and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize; and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official General Rules and the Sweepstakes Details for a particular Sweepstakes.
Should any portion of a Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or the submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate that Sweepstakes and select the winner(s) from among all entries received from the unaffected portion of the Sweepstakes or by some other means deemed by Sponsor in its sole opinion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official General Rules and the Sweepstakes Details for that particular Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any online entry or website or to undermine the legitimate operations of a Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such entrant and seek damages from such person to the fullest extent of the law.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official General Rules, the Sweepstakes Details, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with a Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Any disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or relating to a Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in or near San Mateo, California. Entrants waive any claim to consequential or punitive damages. Any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner's permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising or publicity purposes, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from any Sweepstakes, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official General Rules or any Sweepstakes Details, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to have tampered with any element of a Sweepstakes, without notice to the disqualified or banned person.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winner for a particular Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: BoomTV Inc 55 E 3rd Ave San Mateo CA 94401. Please specify "winners list" and the entry period for the particular Sweepstakes in your request.